Thursday, April 2, 2009

Gardening


Thank you David for the post yesterday.
I love to be outdoors. I try every year to have a garden. Last year I had everything graphed out on paper where I was going to plant it. I had my starts growing, (the same kind of thing I do every year) however, I was fortunate to be able to go to Utah to paint with Lisa and prepare for Talisha and Marks wedding. It was fun. (The garden suffered miserably) The tomatoes and basil were delicious, thanks to the Ohio moisture. they survived.
This year I actually started and transplanted (how amazing is that, my first transplant)my tomotoes. I am really excited for May so the cute little puppies can go outside in the garden. (everyone will be happy to not have that grow light on and plants in the kitchen)
Saturday David, (the wonderful) made me some boxes so I could actually have a square foot garden this year! I am so excited. I have been reading and making notes and I even charted out where to plant the plants.(again) Yesterday we moved the boxes to their place of residency in the yard (it was tricky trying to find places we could get the most sun here in OH) This weekend David is going to help me put the dirt in them (I can hardly wait) Then walla! hopefully in a few weeks I will be taking pictures of some gorgeous plants in them.
I can hardly wait for the harvest and the home made pizza!



These are the adorable little transplants growing to be put into the garden in another month. YEAH!



These are the two small boxes David made. We are in the process of leveling them and preparing them for the fill.




This is the large box. If you notice that beautiful morning sun peeking through. (It is always such a delight) Also, the hydrangea plant, (my favorite since I was a little girl in New Zealand) I am really happy we have that.
It's a beautiful day in Ohio, so I must go for now. I need my vitamin D. So I will send you more later.
Much love,
Darla
PS. I forgot to tell you that David (Bro Pack) and I went to the Presidents ball this weekend. (they have it every year here. the stake has a dinner and a dance at the galaxy.) We danced the night away. (at least a couple hours)




6 comments:

Steph said...

Darla! That looks and sounds so great! I need you to teach me everything you know. I can't wait to see how it looks this weekend. B was not able to get work off friday night so we will arrive sometime Saturday afternoon if that is alright with you. Anyway... Everytime I have tried to start my garden indoors it has failed, so I need your advice ;) Love ya! I cant wait to see you this weekend.

Doug and Monique said...

That's too ambitious for me! You must get a lot more energy when you live in Ohio! If you need help, Darla, I can always send Sammy (the dog) - he's great at digging!! Good luck with the gardening! It is always exciting to reap the benefits!

Just T said...

I'm so jealous that you are getting your garden ready! I wish the weather would clear up so I can till and start mine! Can't wait to see ya!

Carla L. said...

That's exacatly how our neighbors up in Shelter Cove grow pot!!! You had better be checking those leaves to make sure those plants aren't illegal!

Darla said...

We must be doing something right then. I'm not sure what the leaves are supposed to look like but I'm hoping for a bumper crop.

Kylie said...

Sweet! I can't wait to see your garden!

Mike and I are planting one, too. Actually...we planted it. It's planted. I have pictures to prove it if you don't believe me.

I hope mine will thrive like I know yours will!