Monday, April 6, 2009

Aaron received his mission call


Aaron's mission call came Saturday morning and we were all shocked. (espesially Aaron. It was just sent in on March 25) We weren't expecting it until next week.
Aaron decided he needed to brush his teeth before he opened it. (we were all excited about that) He brushed his teeth and then he decided that maybe he should get cleaned up first. (he was going with the missionaries between conference sessions) Then he decided maybe he wanted to open it by himself first. So, he brushed his teeth, went in a room by himself for awhile (seemed like forever), then he came out and said he was going to clean up and would open it for the rest of us at 1:00. We were all so antsy I am sure we have no idea what was said in morning conference.






Here is Aaron all cleaned up to read his call to those of us who were waiting on pins and needles. (especially his dad)









When the awaited time came, there were about 5 or 6 phones with people on them and Aaron opened and read it.







Everyone wanted to talk to Aaron, (I am sure he had no idea who he was talking to and on what phone who was on.) this is only about half of the phones he was handed at one time.






He finished reading the rest of the letter and it was absolutely beautiful. We look forward to him being able to serve in the California, Anaheim, Spanish speaking mission. He reports to the MTC, June 24.








What a happy proud pappa.

Good job Aaron!

WE LOVE YOU!!!



PS. I have no idea how to turn the pictures the right way. I'd love some help if any one knows.

7 comments:

Doug and Monique said...

That's exciting! Congratulations Aaron!!

Steph said...

We are so excited for Aaron! He will make such a fabulous missionary!

Just T said...

WAHOO! How exciting! I didn't know he got his call!

John, Jess, Ellie, Cade, Eden & Scarlett said...

Hey Darla, I thought I'd take a look at your blog! You're going to have to teach me how to garden--this year will be my first attempt. Love ya!

Brady and Rachel said...

Congrats Aaron. Word doesn't get around the Pack family to the extended family very well, so it is exciting to see this post and get the word early on. Shelly told me about your family's blog. It is so fun to see an update on your family. Its been a long time since I've seen any of you guys, especially Callie, Jordan and Andrew. Please pass on our hello and congrats to Aaron as well. Take care, and considering Darla you probably have no clue who I am, I am Marvin and Cindy's daughter.

Kylie said...

Oh man, this is just great. A Pack family blog! I had no idea!

I felt very privileged to be on the receiving end of one of the many phone calls going on while Aaron read his call. I'm so excited for him! Wahoo! He will be a great missionary.

Aaron: I would suggest that you hang around for a week after the mission so you can hit up Disneyland. That's all I gotta say about that.

Kylie said...

Oh, Darla, I can tell you how to flip those photos right-side-up. I can send you an email with step-by-step directions like I do for Cathy sometimes!