Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Darla's 50th

Yep! It is official. I turned 50 in February. Imagine that. Half a century. Oh well, it was one of the funnest and most memorable birthday's ever. It started a couple days early.
Thursday night Feb 4th. David and I went to Columbus to the Temple. I wanted to take some soup to my cute neice Steph and her husband B. So, I reminded David to go to Steph's as we were leaving, (because sometimes we are flaky and just drive on home). He did. I got out, rang the door bell and walla!!! there was Brandon.... Steph.... Tylana???.....Moana....?? Lisa???.... Mom and Dad...??? Peni...???
My mind might have believed Peni, since she is Stephs mom, however, I couldn't grasp seeing Tylana, are you kidding, in Ohio, then Lisa and Mo, Mom and Dad, am I dreaming, pinch me. I was stunned beyond belief. It was the most surprising thing I have experienced. I can not believe they pulled it off and not even Micah told me about it. Micah told me earlier in the week that he thought I was going to have fun on my birthday. I figured Tori, David and Becky were planning a surprise YW party. I had no idea my family would be here for the party. It was absolutely amazing.


......

Are they here yet???

Silly string is ready.

She's here.

Come in already!!!

Pinch me.





Sleep over.

Covered Bridge.

Potty break.

Amish!

The whole gang.

Dopplegangers.

Dopplegangers 2.

Pappa making delicious pancakes for breakfast.

Kirtland

Kirtland

Johnson Farm.
There is a wonderful memory behind every picture. Thank you to the best family in the world. Thank you also for the wonderful letters you wrote for my wonderful book.
It will be a treasure forever.
Love you all,
Darla
P.S. 50 is fabulous!

2 comments:

Steph said...

That was seriously SOOO much fun!! I think you need to turn 50 more often. At least once a year ;0) so fun to have everyone here even if it was for just a short while. Love you!

P.S. Sorry it took me so long to get you the pictures.

Doug and Monique said...

50?! Really?! Wow! I remember when you were like 30! It looks like you had a great time - how wonderful that your family could all travel to be out there with you! And to think - 50 lasts ALL year!

Congrats Darla!